Tuesday, February 17, 2015

#4 seeds almost pull a double

I'd seen Klein Forest early, at the SBISD Tournament, and I also saw them late and to be honest the only consistent thing I gathered was that they would play hard and never quit and evidently that formula worked last night as they defeated #1 seed Atascocita in OT

Well also Destiny Vincent's ability to run the team and Tiara Marbley's improvement offensively definitely showed and had a lot to do with why I was there watching

Four players. Twyna Fletcher (13) Marbley and Jachelle Hudson (11) and  Vincent (10) were  in double digits for the Golden Eagles who came up platinum. The Taz Anacia Wilkinson led all scorers with 17 followed by hear teammate Aimee Brown's 14

BOX



The significance of this picture is simple, the Westside girls happened to be at Klein Forest game when I snapped it and almost lost to #4 Katy Taylor but held on to win 37-35. If the box score is right, they had to come back from an 8 point deficit to win this game and as one of their players tweeted, this was a wake up call and she's right. Oh, no individual scoring available but their game against Cy Fair is looking like the one I'll be attending

BOX