Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cy wins battle for the Ranch 63-54

I started out my evening at Coleman Coliseum because I wanted to see the Final 4 of the Katy ISD Tournament replayed so I gambled on leaving and making it back for game 2 since this was a doubleheader. The first game featured Cy Ranch vs Cinco Ranch, the latter defeated the Mustangs by 10 back in December for 3rd place and a lot of folks thought it would happen again. Here's the deal, you can't just watch scores and records and I knew that the absence of Deauzya Richards and Rachel Tapps in that first game meant something


Richards and Corin Evans put on one of the best offensive halves for their teams I've seen in a long, at one point it was the Mustangs 10-Evans 10 and when you talk about big time players stepping up under the bright lights,, I hated to roll out at halftime with Cy Ranch leading 31-27. The Mustangs won every quarter. I'll give you a breakdown in the Elite 8 write-up, Mustangs have Cy Woods next

BOX