Saturday, January 10, 2015

Klein Forest holds off Spring


One of the main reasons  showed up at Klein Forest was to see Eagles 6'2 senior Tiara Marbley and explosive guard Destiny Vincent, okay that's two and since they were playing against a player I knew who was a next level player the moment I saw her in middle school, Bernesha Peters, it was a no brainer, yeah she's a #sizedontmatter guard but I don't write stuff just to take up space read more



This was the best first quarter I've seen all year, I know it's the first game but it also might be the best of the season and b2b threes from Peters helped Spring to a 21-18 lead as both teams simply were getting after it on both ends which helped the fans get into it. Numerous questionable or late calls aside, the game stayed exciting but the turning point was Peters sitting a good piece of the 2nd quarter with three fouls and after getting her fourth early in the third, it was simply all KF

Vincent controlled the tempo and dazzled the fans with her ball-handling while also hitting some clutch shots but Marbrey putting together a double-double on the evening certainly helped in multiple ways. Justice Comeuax dropped 17 for the Lions which led all scorers while the explosive GG Edwards added 2 followed by Peters with 11

Surprisingly Vincent didn't make double figures, as I play it back in my head it seemed like she did but remember where the game starts and as I stated earlier, she controlled the tempo but she also made plays. Jachelle Houston led the Golden Eagles with 16 followed by Marbey's 12. I was going to give a S/O to Max Preps but they've gone Chronicle on me showing Dekaney lost to Westfield by 35, that didn't happen so I don't know how the district race actually looks but KF is still in the playoff hunt

STANDINGS MAX PREPS

STANDINGS CHRON