Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cougars lose tough one to ECU

I think the old saying "looks are deceiving" will probably work and even though this was my first look at the University of Houston, I know that this team will rebound and compete during conference play. I've watched several of the players, Tylyer Gilbert, Marche Amerson, Bianca Winslow and Jessieka Palmer, since they were in middle school and they are legitimate players but one of the problems has been injuries, including Tyler's twin sister Taylor who suffered her third knee injury earlier in the season

Gilbert started off with a vengeance and the Cougars were up early in ball game 7-5 however a 15-0 run by ECU changed the tempo and momentum. Gilbert finished with 9 and Amerson led the Cougars with 14 however the shots just weren't falling for them. On the other hand, they were falling for ECU's Jada Payne who hit her first 8 shots and finished with 26, that included 5 threes but the Pirates were connecting on the long ball hitting 12 of 19, Shae Nelson dropped three as well off the bench


I saw several pluses and I know big things are coming down the road for first year Coach Hughey and his team and we can refer back to this later when I say " I told you so"