Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fast and Furious


I attended the  Houston Fastbreakers Summer Classic over the weekend and as usual I wasn't disappointed as their program has some of the top young talent in the city. If you recall, I was the one that called Klein Forest's turnaround last season and left my doubters scratching their heads once again because that's what I do. Ekiya Gray, Ebony Parker and Regina Gray were the primary reason KF went off.  Keep an eye on 2012 Taylor Overton over the summer. This kid has elevated her game and is a next level player.


I don't know if my new "Big Three" will carry Spring back to the playoffs for the first time since 2006, but I do know Bernesha Peters will be electrifying and entertaining. Even though she's undersized, she understands the game and has one thing you can't teach, heart. Adding her, along with the two Brittany's, Smith and Perkins, will give Spring a solid nucleus. The tallest of the three is only 5'7, so the impact may not be as huge as KF's was last season, but it will be an impact because once again " The game starts at the ONE"