Monday, August 20, 2012

Texas Top 100 solid as a rock







I've been adjusting my 2013 list after going through my notes because I want to try and be as thorough as possible and if I do something I want to make sure it's legit. I also don't listen to a lot of people when they try and push players because a lot of times our views might be different or worse, there's a hidden agenda behind it .

That's why it's only a select few that I actually listen too because they've given me the scoop on can't misses who didn't even play with their organization. If Corey Hegwood or Ray Caldwell hits me up  and tells me it's a kid that I have to see, that's good enough for me and the same could be said for a few others but for the most part I've lived and I've learned

Kelsey Lang (2013) is sandwiched between Brianna Turner (2014) and Jordan Hosey (2015), Turner and Hosey are national locks for Top 100, and although Lang isn't a Top 100 player nationally, a case could be made for her as well. I wouldn't have said this prior to seeing her this summer with Texas Preps Elite because of her frame but she bulked up and expanded her game.

Brianna Taylor is another player who probably would have made it however injuries among other things played a huge part on her not being there,but she'll do well at the next level as several major D1 schools have shown interest since she was in "middle school"*

Again being on a national Top 100 list is cool and everything but I doubt seriously if Lili Thompson or her parents care one way or another as she committed to Stanford, who I believe has gone to the Final Four at least four consecutive seasons, a big part of that due to a couple of Texans.

I get so pumped up behind this stuff, maybe a bit too much, but it's refreshing to have watched many of these kids over the years while seeing their games progress right before my eyes and what's even more exciting is that the next three classes, 2014-2016, are completely loaded.