Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Area '16 guards make statement #4040JohnLucas

FAITH COOK


I'm sort of out there so all types of story lines pop into my head and after going over the list, I had to give a special S/O to some area guards as they head into their junior season. Faith Cook and Angela Harris both showed me when they were only in the 6th grade they would be D1 players, in spite of their size, they just had and showed "it" and when I caught Eryka Sydney and Quatera Limbrick prior to their freshmen seasons, it was a lock for them as well

Faith Cook  (Goose Creek Memorial) The 40/40 is the right name for Cook as I've watched drop 40 in both middle school and club ball in high school. She's explosive, can defend but what I love watching her do is shoot that ball

Angela Harris (Cy Fair) Harris is simply one of the hardest guards I've ever seen and she'll run through a wall to get it done, that wall ain't paper. Mid and long range, check, off the dribble check that too as she's an and one waiting to happen

Eryka Sidney (Wheatley) Ooos and ahhs from the crowd were abundant but Sidney is used to that and I've watched her up close simply take her game to various levels each year. Her acrobatics are among the best as she simply find ways to score and the addition of the crossover and step back have been huge

Quatera Limbrick (Episcopal) Probably one of the most accurate shooters in the state, I'm telling you it seems like she shoot close to 60% from the three when I saw her this summer. Her release is so quick and when you add that she can take defenders at will, how do you guard her?