Friday, September 5, 2014

Under The Radar Thompson seals it with commitment

Nothing pleases me more than watching a player keep adding to their game and I remember seeing Brynae Thompson as a bright eyed and energetic middle school player when she came out to tryout for the Houston Insiders. I had a chance to personally coach Thompson throughout her career and let me say this, not only did I know she was going to be a PLAYER but the things she did away from the court, like supporting her teammates either verbally or helping them in drills or simply whatever showed me what type of person she was.

Along the way she helped Jersey Village win more games in her first two seasons than they had probably won in the previous five and they were on the verge of making the playoffs, something the school has seen little of over the past 10 seasons. I've written numerous stories on the young lady, she's made countless Tip Sheets and whether it was dropping 12 three's in a game, she had double digit bta's numerous times to her relentless attacks going to the basket, she had colleges knocking on the door

Thompson answered last weekend as she gave a verbal commitment to Northwestern State and I expect her to make an impact quickly when she arrives. This is a young I would truly go out on a limb for because I've watched her for five years and whether it was negativity from some of her high school teammates or inconsistencies from whoever along the way,  I watched her handle adversity that even I would have acted on and this truly makes me proud of her and I know she'll do well