Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Unique situation as Finley commits


I remember this like it was yesterday, I'm in one gym and over in the other I kept hearing great shot a or rebound or whatever Unique and when I strolled over to see who this young lady was, to say that this middle school player was getting it done against high school players is a mild understatement. She brought some much energy and desire on the floor that it just trickled over to her teammates as she banged in the paint, rebounded, defended and scored and over the years the mid and long range simply evolved right before my eyes and you can use the search bar to look at her videos and see exactly what I'm talking about

That alone sold me on the fact that she could definitely play at the next level and even though she battled injuries most of her high school career, she simply worked hard and came back stronger each time to help Hightower make several runs in the playoffs. The Under The Radar star had several offers on the table however after visiting Texas Wesleyan and talking to their head coach Bill Franey, she decided this was definitely the right fit. I asked what sold her and she replied "they had my major and I just hit it off with Coach Franey and the players and everything just felt right"

I truly understand where she was coming from and she also thanked me for my help but I'll use this from Ray Romano's recent stint on David Letterman where he thanked Dave for putting him in the position to make it big with his sitcom and Dave responded "you did all the work" so Unique, I was only the messenger, you got the job done and I can't wait to see you as a Lady Ram