Monday, May 4, 2015

2015 May Houston 7th Grade Tip Sheet #PrimeTime

JERIAH WARREN (LADY CHAOS)

Nothing like talented players rolling in the city I hadn't a chance to see which is perfect because if you follow me, you know I love going back on my blog and reading what I initially wrote a few years ago. The Lady Chaos brought several teams in multiple divisions from Louisiana and I stepped out of my box to find some that blew me away including the young lady pictured above. Here are some of the top performers in the 7th grade group

AMELIA THEDINGER (HOUSTON PREMIER)


2020

Jaslyn Craddick-guard ( Houston Skyrise) when you're a young small guard, it's always important to think the game and Craddick does just that. Well she sort of sees the floor and defends well but her upside and energy tells me I'll be writing about her for years

Kemoni Irvin-guard ( Pearland Hawks) the more I watch Irvin the more I see little things that have her on course to do big things. She's strong and athletic but more importantly she falls into that "never takes a play off" category, Good defender and can score

Kiersten Rich-forward (Houston Premier) Rich simply gets the job done and when you have an athletic player that loves playing the passing lane, that in itself is something I enjoy watching but when they can steal it and go C2C and finish with contact, well......

Ja' Nyale Bennett- wing (Houston Skyrise) Bennett is strong, I mean strong and when you have the ability to attack as hard as she does, with either hand and from various angles on the floor, that's a huge start. She can also take a hit and finish

Payton Dindot-guard (TWELVE) Dindot gets better every time I see her and with one of their key players out, she was among many others that took their games up a notch. Her length gives her an advantage on both defense and getting her shot off but she take her man off the dribble with ease

Daniela Perdomo-wing (Pearland Hawks) she locked herself on the Tip Sheet on day one, love players that anticipate the passes and when you throw in the fact that she can shoot it, mid to long range as well as take defenders off the dribble, that's a lot at a young age

Amelia Thedinger-guard (Houston Premier) not only does she create her shot, she also knows how to set her teammates up at a young age, these are both huge plusses but her length and athleticism creates issues on both ends, especially since she's attacking off the dribble quite well


ALICIA BLANTON (KATY REBELS POTH)




2021

Alicia Blanton-guard (Katy Rebels) I just looked at my June 2013 eval of Blanton and it's amazing how right I am about this stuff. This young lady is going to be one of the top players in her class in Texas, she overpowers players and gets it done in the flow


Jeriah Warren-guard (Lady Chaos) Warren is going to be something special, she's long and athletic and fun to watch in the open court. She showed me a little of this and a little of that but the package is almost complete and when it is, there's no ceiling

Sissy Thompson-guard (TWELVE) Thompson is showing signs of a player that will be able to simply take over a game, right now she gets it done in the flow but her energy and enthusiasm trickles over to her teammates. She can score and defend plus she's smart

Ally Batenhurst-post (Katy Rebels) Battenhurst is a shade under the magic number yet her wingspan probably has her close to 6'2. My last sighting was almost 2 years ago however she's facing the basket scoring with ease and is also becoming more of a force in the paint

Asia Sam-guard ( Lady Chaos) Sam is powerful and simply gets it done. She loves contact and can finish while taking it plus she can shoot that midrange pretty good. Sam also loves to battle on the boards and plays that passing lane quite well