Wednesday, May 20, 2015

2015 #IBC WNBA Tip Sheet about to drop but first a special S/O


I was asked by someone what I looked for in a player and my response was the same as it's always been, "someone that can play at the next level" and I also explained that I try to see players in both HS and club setting because players have a tendency to look different in both but the main thing I need is to see players as much as I can which is why when you see I'm covering this event or that, especially if it has GPR CERTIFIED you need to be there

I saw Oak Ridge play in the Conroe Tournament the past three or four seasons and I know they had a successful season including a victory over Summer Creek and II knew Kelsey Scibek could shoot the ball however the performance the young lady put on at the Insiders Basketball Classic was astounding. I knew she would make the All Tournament team after her first game, she creates her shot extremely well and can knock down the mid and long range with ease

Over four games, she dropped 96 points, that includes 17 threes, in fact she dropped 7 long ones in one game and scored 17 in a game that she didn't have any. The 2015 guard will be playing at UT Dallas, she'll put up numbers and probably break records but she definitely could have played D1 ball, no question in my mind and I'll get a chance to see her down the road

Today, I'll drop the WNBA Tip Sheet along with a few mini stories on some of the teams I had a chance to see so be ready