Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sports Prep finishes 6th behind Tolbert in 8th Grade #PrimeTimeNationaals


I asked Tia Tolbert if she was healthy when I caught up with her at Prime Time Sports Expo before the games begin and she just smiled and acknowledged she was but I also took a Kreskin mind reading course years ago and what she was thinking was " come and find out". I did and she was and after battling nagging injuries all season, she has definitely taken her game to another level as she helped lead her Sports Prep Team to 6th place finish out of 40 teams in the 8th Grade Division at Prime Time Nationals

Tolbert was one of many bright stars for Sports Prep, the athleticism and energy from Faith Isabelle was vital on defense as well as the long ball shooting from Lisette Whiteside. Elecia Lartigue simply just keeps getting better, I remember watching her as a second grader and I just knew she would be one of the names down the road, well that road has been paved as she and Tolbert form a potent 1/2 scoring combination. Kierra Flowers came up huge as well, she made plays and scored almost at will when I had a chance to catch this team and they definitely have a great nucleus