Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monroe Lady Bulldogs show plenty of bite #PrimeTimeNationals

Great mixture of young talent on this 8th grade squad of players I had a chance to check out. DeZare Stewart is strong, athletic and smart and she along with Tia Perry, Dillyn Pollard and LaFaedra Green all are only in the 6th grade yet showed a lot of fight and fire during the game I caught. Morgan Tucker-Willis controlled the inside, she and Jeralyn Hardy are 7th graders however you never would have known

Shelby Augustine caught my eye immediately, she is going to definitely be someone to reckon with as she's fearless going to the rim and rebounding. Shaniya Merriweather created some problems as well, much of that due to her athleticism and strength, much with her knowledge of the game and a whole lot with her vocal ability as she told her teammates to keep their composure, that simply blew me away

I enjoyed watching these talented young ladies, Amaya Brown would fit the description I heard years ago about speed and with my remix, it goes like this, she's can turn off the light switch and be sleep before it gets dark. She and Mikayla Etienne are super athletic and bring plenty of heat on defense