Monday, July 28, 2014

The avalanche starts tomorrow from #PrimeTimeNationals


I don't know what I enjoyed the most about my coverage at Prime Time Nationals, was it day one when I split between HS and 8th grade, after all, I had a chance to see 2018 Under The Radar stars Rayven Patin and Tia Tolbert go off for their respective teams

Was it Fieldhouse Friday because when I make a promise, I'm going to do my best to keep it and watching the 3rd through 7th graders all day was simply unbelievable and what I saw was not only countless amounts of players that will go on to play college ball somewhere, the basketball IQ on some of these kids was better than seniors heading to D1 programs, just keeping it real

Bracket play Saturday started back off with the 8th graders, caught a glimpse of a couple of teams from that strong D1 Shooters program and let me say this right now. They, along with DC Queens have some of the best young talent in the Metroplex and this was one of those weekends when I wish I could have been cloned because I had to leave and head back to the HS players

Championship Sunday was refreshing and ran smoothly, I saw all three championship games, 9th, 10th and 11/12th Grade Divisions, before heading back to the Fieldhouse to catch the 6th and 7th grade Championships. When I say no one does what I do, hopefully these few paragraphs I've written sum it up. I don't know where I'm going to start but hopefully you enjoy it.

 I have 1000 photos on my Giirlz Prep Report Facebook page and some on Twitter, that's @girlzprepreport which is about basketball not @simmiercolson which is about everything but basketball

Special thanks to Prime Time for again giving me everything I needed to do what I do and I'll be back in action next year as the event continues to grow even stronger