Monday, March 17, 2014

Future is bright after McNeese State run


I figured this photo would come in handy and after evaluating things in my head, it's perfect for this story. McNeese State head coach Brooks Donald-Williams has to be elated that her Cowgirls squad came into the Southland Conference Tournament seeded seventh and pulled off back to back upset wins over A&M Corpus Christi and Central Arkansas at the Merrell Center in Katy

Although they are losing key pieces to the pie, the bakery has new recipes coming in to join Allison Baggett and Jayln Johnson who were spectacular at times but solid throughout the event and came up huge in the clutch against Central Arkansas. Ann Nsowah and Keara Hudnall will be a couple of freshmen I'm all too familiar with, believe me when I say they are going to pay dividends off the top as well as Jerrica Bolin from Beaumont.

Also joining the Cowgirls next season will be  Fredericka Haywood, a post from Mississippi that led her team to a state title where she was named MVP, along with Dede Sheppard and Jasmyn Carswell, a couple of Louisiana products that I know can go