Friday, March 29, 2013

Mulkey's momentum carries on at March Fest


When I first hard about a 6'7 player coming to Houston to play basketball, it didn't phase me one bit because it's not the first time that's happened on the girls side. One will become the greatest female player ever while the other was borderline average to say the least. The spin on Nancy Mulkey was different each time I heard someone speak about her and I didn't see her myself until last December.

I saw potential in the young lady that very first time and as the season progressed to their final game of the in the E8 against Seven Lakes, she transformed into someone who showed signs of being a dominant force from the opening tip to the final buzzer and I'm talking on both ends.

At The March Fest, she got an early taste of what this summer is going be like as she had to face the top player in 2014, DFW T-Jack's Brianna Turner and if Mulkey adjusts to club ball the way she adjusted her freshman season, like that guy on Quantum Leap used to say, OH BOY!