Monday, March 25, 2013

March Fest ends like it starts


I always try and do something a little different each time I write and that's because I want to use the same logic I preach to the kids and that's "work on your game" so I work on mine, off the court. When you have as much talent at an event like the March Fest had, sometimes I have to think out loud and try to figure out "where do I start?"

The mind is a mysterious thing, well at least mine is and suddenly an old song popped in my head and a few verses told me exactly where to start and the condensed version is this. " I had a seat on the same old bench to watch the children play because tomorrow is their future but to me, just another day" and believe me when I say I saw hundreds of young ladies with very bright futures I am not exaggerating nor embellishing anything

The 2017 group of DFW Elite Swift players might be the greatest collection of young pre-high school talent I have personally witnessed, keep in mind I'm not just talking about watching players in Houston or even Texas for that matter. Several young ladies on this team are more than just national Top 100 caliber players, but their story comes later, again and again and again.

I'll start it off with game one of the 2013 Texas Nike Showdown on the big screen, aka GPR website, later today and I'll also be bringing you a Fullcourt.com Tip Sheet,  a GPR Tip Sheet, well Tip Sheets as the babies will have their due as well as stories galore through Easter.

I shouldn't use the word "babies", not because one player told me she wasn't one but the talent level I saw from some of these young ladies in the sixth grade on up was amazing, well Deja Kelly isn't even in the sixth grade yet but anyway stay tuned, much, much more to come