Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DFW Elite 2016 points shows where game starts


Let's see, Daria McCutcheon was Newcomer of the Year for Plano East, Jordan Stover came in and started for one of the top tams in the state, Cedar Hill, and Gabrielle Gregory helped lead Triple A Academy to the state semifinals.

Common denominators ?
All three are freshmen
All three play for DFW Elite 2016
All three are very smart point guards
All are really, really good with tremendous upside

What's really unique is that all three of these bright young players bring something a little different to the table each time they suit up but what's also valuable is how interchangeable they are. Gregory and Stover impressed me the first time I saw them last season and I was so blown away by Stover's performance at the Mansfield Tournament, I had forgotten who she was, only to be reminded by DFW director Corey Hegwood "dude you've wrote about her"

That happens now and then but it won't happen again and as blown away as I was with Stover, I can't tell you how many coaches following box scores called me about Gregory and doing what she did this early for Triple A shows everything I wrote about her was true, use the search bar at the top please

This was my first good look at McCutcheon and her quick first step and the ability to knock down the long ones were only a couple of the attributes that will take her a long way. DFW 2016 is loaded with talent, I ran  through the pictures, came across this one and noticed was a story, that' how I do it.

 With a ll the talent on this team, be ready because more stories throughout the season will be coming on several players from this very talented squad