Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cy Fair Evaluation Tip Sheet-High School

Olivia Ogwumike, Nancy Mulkey and Erica Ogwumike



I didn't pick Olivia or Erica Ogwumike, nor Nancy Mulkey among the eight players on my Cy Fair Evaluation Camp "Tip Sheet" because I wanted to go on record and give you all a special tip and that is their high school team, Cy Woods, just might be the team to beat in R3 next season

I also didn't have them line up in this order however using the first letters of each of their names, that spells something, ONE!

Why am I calling it so early?

2014
Olivia Ogwumike-6'2 forward- when you have to come behind two of the best players not only to come out of Houston, but the country as well, sometimes people want to judge you on what they did. All I can say is all four of the sisters are totally different and all are or were major D1 prospects. If I gave a Most Improved Player award, it would go to "Double O" who has transformed from just a strong kid who could rebound and defend to a legitimate offensive threat in the paint or from bta

2015
Erica Ogwumike-6'0 guard- I always said she had the advantage over all the sisters because she was forced to play guard at early age which has turned out to be an added plus as she just simply elevates over defenders and as she keeps adding different offensive moves to her repertoire, her wing span and agility gives her an added edge on defense , not to mention her timing gives her the ability to block shots with the best of them

2016
Nancy Mulkey-6'8 post-Being that tall, you are virtually assured of playing at the next level and although I've seen a lot of average big girls, I didn't what to expect the first time I saw Mulkey. What I will say is the improvement she showed from the first time I saw her until the end of the season has been mind boggling and is one of the main reasons I'm giving Cy Woods the early edge. Already a shot block waiting to happen, I'm expecting some triple double records are about to broken nationally before she graduates

Okay with the three from 2016 on yesterday, that's 14 from the Cy Fair Evaluation camp and here are the others on my "Tip Sheet"

I'm not done, tomorrow my staff of one will focus on the middle schoolers including two who went at it against the big girls, so get ready for "The Pose"