Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Freshman Owens spectacular for Mexia



I'll be honest with you and I don't mind saying I was wrong but add Mexia's win over Kennedale to the "I didn't see that one coming" list.and next season I may have to reevaluate on whether I should come up to Austin a day earlier. I knew Kennedale was loaded from watching them in the Sandra Meadows Classic. Autumn Williams, Travanti Downes and McKinley Bostad are more than just next level players



I didn't realize the firepower Mexia had and they jumped out on the Wildcats early and despite lead changes throughout the game, the final six minutes belonged to them. Freshman NaTeshia Owens stole the show with her clutch shooting throughout the game, this young lady has a bright future ahead and her 23 points led all scorers as she was named tournament MVP


3A ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM
Brechelle Beachum - Mexia - Senior - 5'7" - Guard/Forward
McKinley Bostad - Kennedale - Junior - 5'8" - Guard
Travanti Downes - Kennedale - Senior - 5'9" - Guard/Forward
Na'Teshia Owens - Mexia - Freshman - 5'6" - Guard
Autummn Williams - Kennedale - Senior - 5'9" - Guard/Forward