Monday, October 20, 2014

Evans addition has Cardinals clicking #GreaterHoustonInvitational



Aeriel Holiday

Losing Irinisha Johnson was a big blow but even without her,, Bellaire showed they would be competitive this season with a talented group of players including Aeriel Holiday and Aaliyah Austin. Holiday is one of the hardest working players I've seen come through in a long time, she doesn't mind diving on the floor and she goes after everything in the pant but she has been stroking the ball from long range effortlessly and consistently

Aaliyah Austin


Austin has taken her game up every year I've watched her and she adds so much energy to this talented team who simply want to get after it. Peighton Porter and Mya Hollinshed will create some issues in the paint as well and although I said this would be the first season Westside wins the district outright since my daughter graduated, 2007, the addition of Dae Dae Evans has me thinking a little differently

Dae Dae Evans


Evans simply makes things happen, she's a bolt of lightning with the ball and she knows how to set her teammates up for easy baskets. Evans can also score and too bad I don't video because the acrobatic lay-ups and and ones she displayed as well as watching her zoom and zig zag through the crowd would be highlights I could watch again and again