Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Miss Excitement healthy and ready for Cy Woods


Tyler Davis knows how to play only one way and that's hard and all out so when the player I tagged Miss Excitement during Cy Woods playoff run last season went down late in the semi's of the FBISD Tournament against Langham Creek, even though they won, there was no way I was staying for the championship game against Dekaney. Don't get me wrong, Cy Woods has several talented players, including the Ogwumike sisters and that move in that's blowing me away, but with Nancy Mulkey and from what I saw Davis wasn't going to be able to play, well...,..

That happened to me last season, I left because I thought I knew how it would end, at the same tournament and Cy Woods not only pulled it out, Davis hit a couple of three's and played some lock down D in the victory. I spoke with the 2014 Under The Radar player briefly during the Texas Invitational and didn't realize the severity of her injury, she was kicked in the neck and her elbow, yet played through it. She told me she was close to 100% but not quite and they made to the semi's of one of the states toughest tournaments, the TI, and finished 3rd in GOLD

Tonight, Davis and her teammates hands are full as they travel to Manvel. This will be both teams first game since the Texas Invitational, Manvel lost a close one to Duncanville in the GOLD Championship  and even though I won't be there physically, I'll be following that game on TWITTER and I'll see both teams Friday at the Peggy Whitley Classic


EVENTS