Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WHE young stars show out at #IBC



After opening day, I sort of knew how this was going which is why I stopped Ilya Babineaux because if I gave a most improved award to anyone I've seen over the past season at her age, she would definitely get it. She's poised and confident on the court and with her size and strength, not to mention hands and footwork, ladies and gentlemen have I mentioned that 2017 is going to be a monster class in Texas and if I haven't, she's going to be doing a lot of the terrifying once it's over

West Houston Elite finished second in the Varsity Division of the Insiders Basketball Classic and since they have no high school players on their roster, that's even more impressive. I've watched these young ladies for a couple of years and believe me quite a few are on the verge of crossing over to next level status but by that same token, many have already done just that.

Multiple players showed they could hit the long one including Gabby Green who seemed to be everywhere at times but I enjoyed the event, especially seeing the younger kids get ready to have to torch passed over