Monday, May 6, 2013

Dallas Stars have several that shine at Dallas Spring Shootout


Anytime I get a chance to visit with Dallas Stars coach Roosevelt Riley, it brings back memories of when our daughters played against each other when they were very young which then makes me realize actually how long I've been doing this. In case you don't know who his daughter is Google Andrea Riley.

One thing I can also count on is his teams giving everything they have no matter what so this was a bonus especially when I found out that other than a couple of freshmen, they were all sophomores. Genecia Newman is at the magic number and she played even bigger attacking and finishing almost at will. Taylor Green at 6'2 is over the magic number and she turned out to be a rebounding machine on both ends while Ariel Page was another type of machine as she showed she could score from anywhere, many from long range. Alexis Gilbert was one of many others who showed they have a little something work with however a young lady I hadn't seen in a while, Chelsea Warren, has elevated her  game and will make the tip sheet, stay tuned for that.