Friday, February 21, 2014

Lamar Consolidated's Nwosah closes out brilliant career not how she wanted

It took me almost three seasons to spell Ann Nwosah's name correctly however it took me less than three minutes after watching her on the floor as a freshman to know she was simply one of those young ladies I love to call not only a throwback player, but a word often over used in social media, she was simply a "BEAST." This young lady never gave up on her team, no matter what the situation was and after leading them to the area semi finals last season, I thought they had a shot to go to state this year


When I caught Lamar Consolidated earlier this season, I found out that they had lost explosive sophomore Quetera Limbrick who had transferred and I made the comment about me thinking they would have had a shot with her, Ann's response "my goal is to get to Austin, that's the bottom line" and words like that from a player capable of actually putting a team on her back and doing it is nothing but music to my ears. Along the way she dropped 40, numerous 20/20 games and anytime she stepped on the floor, she was double-double waiting to happen

January 31st, in her last home game, senior night, she started off 6/6 from the field when those three letters, ACL,  would sideline her for the rest of the season. Ann is always not only logical but eloquent when she expresses herself and she told me "Yeah it's hard to take in everyday I wake up but it's a real learning experience. I had big plans for this year's playoffs but I guess it's someone else's time."

That in itself speaks volumes for the future McNeese State signee who possibly would have joined future teammate Pearland's Keara Hudnall in tonight's quadruple header at Campbell Center. Nevertheless, Nwosah is upbeat and positive about her future and this seals the deal' My time will come in college and I will be better prepared" and you can best believe it will and so will she.