Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2012 Under The Radar Crystal Porter helps lead Elsik to state


2011 was a magical season as Elsik did what not many people, myself included, thought they could do and that's represent R3 in Austin. Few of you reading this remember "The Run" made by Elsik but I'm playing it back in my head as the Rams were in some of the biggest games of the season and in the playoffs, they knocked off Cy Woods, Clear Springs and North Shore to make it to Austin


Undersized post Crystal Porter was the glue and at a shade under the magic number, she played as if she was 6'2 usually out-rebounding bigger opponents on both ends. The Under The Radar Porter landed on her feet at Canisius where is she is doing just what I thought she could do, making a difference playing D1 basketball and always remember this as I remix what Rudy T said, "no matter what your size is, never underestimate the heart of a champion and remember I'm usually right"