Friday, December 13, 2013

District 24 battle highlights Friday 13th action




GPR-UTR Torrie Thompson has shown me she can do a variety of things in the short amount of time I've watched her play this season however I've seen enough to know the young lady can definitely play, not only in high school but beyond. She and her Clear Lake teammates have been gritty and went after it baseline to baseline for the whole game each time I've seen them and I'm sure tonight's game at Clear Falls won't be any different



With only one senior on the team, Clear Falls is one of my early favorites for next season however they way they played Cy Woods in the Peggy Whitley Classic, hey, you never know. One of the reasons, I say that is because of GPR--UTR Destiny Navarro taking the role of a silent assassin as she''s  come huge in several games for the Knights this season. The Knights have an arsenal of weapons including sharpshooter Lauren O'Connell and with the talent and youth this district has, the tide may be shifting