Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Insiders freshmen growing up fast during Hoopfest

I remember someone telling me after reading my blog for the first time they assumed it would be only about the Houston Insiders. My sarcastic response was, well I didn't name it Insiders Prep Report but anyway I'm all about giving credit when its due and the 2016 group showed a lot of heart at the Insiders Hoopfest over the weekend as they won consolation in the Varsity Division



Kiarra McElroy, Tasia Hayes and Carrie Bradford all had big games throughout the event but their improvement, along with Taylor Ellison, Alyssa Echelle and Kirsten Brown who all did some of the little things that might not have shown up in the box score, contributed greatly in their wins.




This shows how much these young ladies have grown since last season, not to mention they got it done without Eryka Sidney, one of the top 2016 players in the area. McElroy's effort throughout the tournament get's her a spot on the Thursday Tip Sheet



New additions Taylor Coleman and Erykeah Lee are improving with each game. Coleman's older sister, Sydney, is one of the top 2014 players in the state and I labeled her a "can't miss" as a seventh grader. Taylor is showing the same passion every time she steps on the court and is a rebounding machine who also is running the floor and finishing well. Lee on the other hand is 6'2 and I'm seeing sparks that are about to ignite and when they do, this young lady will be doing some damage



Special s/o to Skye Crawford (2018), the "baby" of the bunch who got a chance to play with the big girls. Crawford  keeps getting better as well and what is truly impressing me is her not being nervous against the older players.

Crawford has also made a tremendous jump in a short amount of time but when you have a name like Skye, I guess jumping fits perfectly