Thursday, April 18, 2013

HTX Fired up at #cyfairinvite


HTX Fire coach Tony Rodriguez has coached more young talent from the area than anyone and his eye for talent at a young age is right there with the best of them. I asked  him about his daughter Ana and he was modest to say the least but when I saw her play, I was truly impressed.

I knew she would be smart and understand the game however she was knocking down threes as proficient as some of  the high school players, even though this is a 2019/20 squad. I've watched Deyona Gaston run around gyms for years and was blown away seeing what she can do in a game. Towering over almost everyone, she rebounded with ease but it's the little things she does so well at this age that tell me she's going to be an elite player. Long, athletic and can handle the ball very well is always plus and speaking of pluses  keep adding them Gaston