Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Richards sending GPR a message at #cyfairinvite


I don't have a lot of pictures of Deauyza Richards not doing "ThePose" however that's not important. What is important is although I knew she was going to play D1 ball the moment saw her wearing those orange shoes, I was so blown away that she made the front page of the GPR website, READ MORE

I used that quote I wish I could make a sticky for new readers, well some old ones too "it's not what you do, it's who you do it against" because Richards was in the 7th grade playing against 9th and 10th grade varsity players and simply dominated. The math equation I used as an example might not be one you'll find in a school,classroom, but on the court, it's a different class called  HARDWOOD 101

I said I had no idea how good she was going to be because at that age, the aggressiveness was still lacking somewhat and I knew she would have to be able to endure more punishment as she continuously played up, I've had some experience in observing this on a first hand basis and I get it

Richards is still growing, she maturing on the court, becoming more vocal and continuously working on her game. She put in an admirable job playing this past weekend in the Cy Fair Invitational and I'll catch her and the rest of the crew this weekend at the Texas Invitational. More to come!!!!