Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Temple Star Jones rides high in GPR Texas 100





When I spoke about people I know I can trust when giving me info on a player yesterday, two of my oldest and dearest friends that I've had the pleasure of knowing since right after the turn of the century, Fonzell Martin and Tommy Gregg come to mind as well. 

The duo runs that well tuned Austin Elite program and always keep me in the loop on the what's going on in the Central Texas area. I remember a couple of years ago, Gregg asked me had I seen this player from Temple with blazing speed named Alyssa Jones and I told him no. His response was, "well you probably did, she's that fast"

Okay maybe I'm embellishing the story a little bit however she was and is that fast and not only does she have that going for her, the kid can play. I'll keep repeating this over and over and over but the thing I look for when evaluating players is how much they progress and she has gone from being a little too fast at times for everyone else however she has turned out to be a very good ball player and is one of the top guards in the state on my service