Saturday, August 18, 2012

Do rankings matter?

Diamond Lockhart

Yes, no, maybe and sometimes are all answers that could be given but to be honest with you, it's all about why you are doing this and you have to be honest about your daughters ability. I have several humorous stories from the years but I recall one parent attempting to get smart with me while talking about her daughter playing at the next level.

She told me her daughter wanted to go to either LSU or North Carolina, mind you the kid was a good player but didn't make all district or even start on a team that didn't make the playoffs. I asked her "to play basketball?" and she she responded "what do you think". There have been many others that come close but I'll always cherish the way she insulted me

Anyway here's my take on the whole rankings stuff, read more on the GPR website