Thursday, August 16, 2012

Misconceptions on letters and being recruited



Over the years I've had a chance to observe and truly understand point blank how most of this stuff works. As you can see I'm still writing articles so that means I didn't hit the Powerball last night but I played even though the odds were against me. The same thing can be said about receiving a scholarship and since I've had my blog, I've posted statistics showing high school seniors that play girls basketball have a 2%-5% chance of receiving a SCHOLARSHIP to play at the next level.

The Houston area usually has a better success rate and if you play club ball, those numbers increase but it's not that easy unless you are one of the top players and even sometimes that isn't enough. I've been receiving several calls from parents asking advice on certain things and the question many ask is "If my daughter received a letter is she being recruited" and the answer I give is not necessarily. The reason I give that answer is simple, although you may have been seen at an event and impressed a scout, that still doesn't mean you are being recruited in fact I received a letter last season telling me how well I played in tournament

There are a lot of recruiting services out there that claim they can do this or that, I have no idea if they can or can't however Girlz Prep Report helped over a dozen kids last season alone get in school and I'm talking about kids who had nothing on the table. There were others who were helped by receiving more options but this is something I have been doing for years and not only do I have the statistics but the testimonials as well.

Here's a link to my CONSULTING page and feel free to contact me if you need help