Friday, August 31, 2012

Arkansas absolutely awesome


As I became deep into this evaluation stuff, I started to try and venture out a little farther than my comfort zone here in Texas so instead of just going to events and watching local and state talent, I expanded my views and thoughts. This was many years ago, my own daughter was just entering high school but when you open your mind it's amazing what you can see, even if it's already been there in front of you

Over the past few seasons, I've really had a chance to focus on teams and players from other states and let me tell you there are players everywhere which is why I've always told parents who just attend their daughters games in their specific districts and come back with various thoughts and views on players who are "the real deal", my suggestion has usually been "you need to get out more"

That may sound rude however you can't give honest assessments if you don't know and to truly know you have to be able to do certain things like go out, observe and comprehend what you observed. Sometimes those things are not done but if you only remember one thing, please remember this "it's not what you do, it's who you do it against"

With that being said I always knew Arkansas had talent and when New Life took T-Jack to the wire last year behind Erin Peoples and Taylor Lewis, well they didn't win but they competed against the best club team around and the last quote in the previous paragraph says it all.

This season 2013 players Jessica Jackson and Roshunda Johnson were consensus Top 100 picks and will do very well wherever they choose to play at the next level but it isn't over for their state which is still loaded with talent as I had a chance to witness first hand for myself at both the Big State Flava Jam and Basketball on the Bayou the abundance of talented players remaining from the Razorback State like Jordan Danberry, Olivia McWilliams and Kianna Speight to name a few from Arkansas Mavericks 2014 or 2013 Arnisha Johnson from AM-Love, not to mention many up and comers at Prime Time Nationals

Guess what, Arkansas will be represented at the Big Tyme Fall Finish September 29-30, the Mavericks are returning with their 2014 and 2016 teams along with the Arkansas Lady Hawks just to name a couple of squads I remember off hand. I'm expecting to see even more talented players from not only Arkansas but some other states as well, more to come on that. Don't forget GPR is the official media partner and to hop on that early bird special, click on the link below, deadline is September 14th

Big Tyme Fall Finish

College coaches don't forget about your GPR discount