Saturday, August 18, 2012

Angels lose Di'Mond but manage to Proffitt


I recall seeing Di'Mond Jackson in what seems like a few light years ago at Colleges Station when I covered the first Ganon Baker Camp there. I also remember someone asking me why I never mentioned Louisiana players and although some keep files, I keep file cabinets and with the magic of the internet, viola and Jackson was one of the younger players that caught my eye. She showed great leadership even back then and also appeared to have mental toughness which is something a point guard needs to succeed. That toughness was shown even more as she played in the state championship game without even knowing it


I also had a chance to see Paige Hall with her St Thomas More team back in December, so even though Jackson wasn't able to play, knowing that the Angels had Hall, along with the reputation the team has built over the years told me ahead of time that this team had to be on my short list, read more on the GPR website