Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ekiyah Gray ready to show magic at Insiders Hoopfest


I heard about this kid dropping over 50 in a middle school game and it didn't phase me one bit because over the years, I've seen numerous players make over 25 layups against teams that couldn't beat a press in middle school but nevertheless I had an open mind before watching Ekiyah Gray play that very first time.

She didn't score over 50, probably not even 40 but she was close and she did it in a variety of ways and all in the flow of the game while getting her teammates involved. It doesn't matter that her mom and dad were high school stars for two of the top programs during their time. It doesn't matter that her grandfather in not only an Olympian but also played in the league, aka NBA,several years

What does matter is that this young lady can play and even more important is the fact that I've been saying it before she stepped on the court at Klein Forest for her very first varsity game. Since then, I've seen nothing but improvement and working on whatever weaknesses she had. Gray is one of the top players in this heavy hitting 2014 Texas class loaded with not just next level, but D1 players and again she is among the top.

Standing over 6'0 and with an even more impressive wingspan, be prepared to see this young lady do her magic and I'll have a first hand report after the Insiders Hoopfest this weekend on not only her but several other players you may or may not know about because that's how I roll!