Thursday, January 10, 2013

Vista Ridge ready for district run and beyond


I didn't find any stats for the Vista Ridge Lady Rangers on Max Preps but I was already aware of some of their players. Rachel Purl and Nneoma Duru played for good friends with Austin Elite so I have been impressed with those two young ladies for quite a while. Purl, the 6'0 that could score on a variety of ways while the 5'10 Duru sometimes appeared to be 6'10 as she showed she could dominate in the paint. I figured those two would be doing quite a bit of damage for Vista Ridge at the Sandra Meadows Classic and I wasn't wrong


Another pleasant surprise was sophomore Japreece Dean, a young lady who received little exposure last season from anyone and two minutes into the game I was scratching my head as to why not. At times, she was simply electrifying with the ball and has a bright future ahead.