Saturday, January 19, 2013

Carol Willie speaks and Eagles stay in first


So many times I've watched players game improve and the player changes just like their game. Some have looked down on their teammates or just simply thought they were the blank however that next level is generally an eye opener.

Carol Willie on the other hand has every reason to be a kid that changed, after all when I first saw her she didn't catch the ball well and she didn't finish well but what I admired about her was her work ethic and ability to listen to her coaches, so I knew she had a bright future, being 6'2 probably helped a little

Last season I said her ability to finish will determine how high she goes as she mastered the defensive aspects  well enough to help lead her Cy Falls' team to best record in the area over the past three seasons, not to mention a trip to Austin last season and a signature on the dotted line with TCU.

As much as I admired her work ethic and saying I knew she had a bright future after last night it became apparent to me that future will be even brighter as I had a chance to chat with the person not the player. I commended her on her accomplishments, especially since they are in first place, something I didn't see after the early part part of the season and she could have easily taken credit, and in this day and age that seems to be the "in" thing

Not Willie as she commended her teammates on not only stepping up but being unselfish and united. She also talked about the youngsters and how proud she was of them along with how the tradition will continue after she's gone. She was simply amazed at Ashley Caldwell who is toning her game on JV so much that she could only shake her said and say "whew" she's just a sophomore

The more I look at Cy Falls, the more I wonder how far they can go but one thing is for sure, Willie is definitely an Eagle who will be soaring long after the basketball stops, read more