Sunday, January 13, 2013

Freshmen stars reunite


I had a chance to see Maddie Brown and Lauren Cox over the summer in the Prime Time Nationals playing for their club team, NT United, a team that I was told was a must see and it was loaded with several very good players.

The 6'3 Cox immediately stood out because of her size, versatility and mobility and each time I saw her play, she simply showed me something additional, like running the one and launching the three

Brown was solid the first time I saw her however as the tournament progressed, I was equally impressed with her, especially toward the end when she showed me she could from just about anywhere on the court

Last Friday these two young ladies played against each other for the first time in high school.

Brown's Hebron team lost to Cox Flower Mound squad but judging from the box score, both made their presence felt