Friday, January 25, 2013

Exciting games in D17 and 18 on "Fantastic Friday"


Talking about a no lose situation for me tonight as I tried to figure out which game to attend. Pregame meal was at Pappas so the Nimitz vs Elsik D-18 match-up was in the vicinity and an Elsik win would have them in a tie for for first with the Cougars, they lost by one . Initially I figured Cy Ranch could tighten it up in D-17 with a win over Cy Falls, they held on to win by two and are now in a three way tie with with Falls and Woods for first. I decided on Eisenhower vs Hastings and that too was a great game and even though the gym wasn't filled to capacity, it sounded like it was as Ike won with Shaqueria Deboise knocking down six free throws in the last minute


This was a great game and I'll break it down over the weekend as well as how it's shaping up for the playoffs. Prior to this game, I thought 17 would sweep 18 in the first round, now I'm not so sure because Hastings has a super offensive back-court that can play pressure D and undersized post Jonisa Jackson is simply having an amazing year for the Eagles but I'll let you all trust the Chronicle stats for now, it's Friday night and I'm out!

FRIDAY BOX SCORES