Monday, January 7, 2013

Bishop Lynch impressive at SMC



The name Bishop Lynch is synonymous with "state titles"  in TAPPS and my first look at the team came in 2006 when they were led by a young lady named Maryann Baker. The only reason I was watching was because they were playing my daughters team and after that my views about private schools competing with public schools changed dramatically. Although those two probably weren't too friendly with each other on the court, they later became best friends and wound up winning a national championship together at Texas A&M



Brittny Norris is unsigned and for the life of me I don't see that because when you find a throwback player, one that simply outworks you, in this era, well I just don't know. Another bright surprise was the development of Danielle Rogers whose athleticism showed she can make the big plays, one in particular she raced from under the basket to block a shot on the sideline against her former team Desoto. Also she has "the Pose" down to a tee


 This team is solid, very unselfish and they probably have a chance to make a run again