Friday, June 15, 2012

Katy Rebels-Floyd Journey Continues

Coach Floyd giving instructions during timeout

I've been involved in this stuff for quite a number of years and I've had a chance to meet all types of people. Some really good and some not so but at the end of the day, I doubt seriously if I would change anything I've said or done. One of those folks at the top of the list would have to be David Floyd and I recall the first time I met him his older daughter, Kayla, was around 8 or 9. I remember this larger than life figure with a commanding voice help one of her teammates off the court after she was hurt really bad in a game. David gently lifted the hysterical player off the ground and proceeded to calm her down in such a gentle manner that really caught my eye. On the sideline, well that's a different story because he gets into the game and he really knows his stuff. Kayla is about to enter her junior year and most dads would be about ready o give it up, not Dave as he also coaches his younger daughter Katie who is still in middle school. Both young ladies continue to improve under dads watchful eye which is what this is supposed to be about and I'm glad to know "Heavy D" will continue to be around a few more years.