Monday, June 18, 2012

2012 Tyrone Johnson Showcase Shows It's All In The Family


Jasmine Ortiz and many more Austin Elite players put on quite a show for me this weekend. From 7th grader Geneva Monroe who plays for her dad on Austin Elite-Monroe to Austin Elite Black coaches Amber Gregg and Cierra Martin who played for their dads, Tommy Gregg and Fonzell Martin, it's a family environment once you enter the building. Next Father's Day weekend, you really need to look into playing in this event, not only because it's well run but because you get to see players from another area. I will also head back to Austin for the Texas Summer Showcase on July 27th-29th for their NCAA Certified Event but before I get too far ahead of myself, I'll bring you some players you probably haven't heard a lot about starting tomorrow with Miranda Simpson. Once you watch her highlight tape, well you'll see. Who was Tyrone Johnson? read more