Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hawks Show They Have Ability To Soar

Haley Wright


 What a difference a month makes and as I always say what I look for is progression. So many times people measure success by wins and losses, I'm not one of those people, at least at this level and I've always said there are several ways to win. Getting people to buy into it, well that's been, how can I put this, a work in progress which is exactly what I can say about several of the teams I've had a chance to see multiple times, a work in progress. One of those teams is the Pearland Hawks who I had my first look at during the Alodia Prime Time Rising Star Classic. This time around, several players showed they have been working on their games, Jessi Mueller and Maddie Powers are still doing their thing however Melanie Otto, Haley Wright and Sarah Benitez seemed to be turning the corner as well as others. This team is young and the players have a lot of basketball ahead of them so I will be watching and writing.