Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Front Page Changes-Under The Radar 2013

Dani Fielder and Gabby Ocanas


A few years ago, HG did an article comparing their Top 100 picks to those of BS and ASGR and all three had at least 75 of the same players. That's wonderful, it shows consistency on people seeing and thinking the same way which can be a good thing. Here's my deal, over 1500 colleges are looking for players each season, that means there are approximately 4500 potential scholarships out there waiting for someone which also means several players go unnoticed for whatever reasons. Before the Houston Insiders Basketball Classic, I guaranteed you would hear about more than a handful of players and low and behold I'm still throwing names at you of players you may not know about or players colleges hadn't heard of that could play at the next level because they are under their radar.


Laura Chavez (background)

Call it being innovative, eccentric, different or a few any other things I'm sure that will be said but I'm changing things up on the front page of the  GPR website. With over 80 players from 2012 going on to play at the next level, the most ever from the Houston area, I've decided to not list players who we all know that are going to school but those who I feel can play somewhere. This list will be updated at various points for incoming seniors and juniors and I'm starting with some of the players I've actually seen in club ball so far this season. I sent out a lot of information to colleges on players this past season so with that number being over 80, well hopefully you see where this is going and how important it is to put accurate information out there.

I've put my July list of 10  Under The Radar players for the 2013 class on the front page, check it out