Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Younger Warriors Learning Well

Sydney Carr 2012


Last season when I saw the Texas Warriors play, my first thoughts were that they were young, middle schoolers, raw and had a lot of potential and looking at their progression from last season to this season let's me know they will be a  force to reckon with over the next two seasons. Kimi Carter benefited on the team so much that she earned a starting job at Barbers Hill who were two points away from the State 4A  Championship game. This season I had my first look at their younger team, they too are about to enter high school and they have a solid nucleus to build from. Sydney Carr is starting at where the game starts at and that's the one and before it's all said and done, she will be one of the players you will be hearing about a lot. Another young lady, Marshel Hollins, showed me she has the ability to score in bunches and I'm talking about from all over the court and the four threes she put up in one game were an eye opener

Kimi Carter 2011