Saturday, June 23, 2012

Houstonians Summer Jam-Jam Packed With Talent


One of my 2013 "Under The Radar" players, Kylah Jones, has found a new home with the Houston Fastbreakers-Gray. I did a story on her a couple of weeks ago, link, and she gives the loaded Fastbreakers another threat as they head into July. There was an abundance of talented teams and players going at it today, Katy Rebels-Butler and Houston Insiders 2014 fought down to the wire, in fact this tournament probably has been the most competitive one I've seen in a long time because just about every game today could have gone either way, so hats off to Phyllis Dallas for doing a magnificent job with the scheduling.

The Rohawks from San Antonio brought three scrappy teams with next level players as well as the Houston Hoops. Hoops coach Brian Jolivette told me I needed to see his team, bad part about it is that we were playing at the same time but I saw enough to know he has a lot of talented players including, remember this name, Alexis Morris from the 2017 class. She's playing four (4) years up and is one of the top players I've seen in her class, joining the group I mentioned back in May, link

The Houston Elite program continues to have some of the best talent in the area and their Select team, 2014, brings plenty of energy from various positions. The Summer Jam is the get ready for July tournament in our area and several of the younger teams are showing how much they have grown, like the Texas Warriors and Katy Rebel-Goss. How good was the talent, well we completed our games today but several teams still play on tomorrow so I may just go and take another look.