Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sidney has Wildcats on attack for deep run

The Wheatley Wildcats name was synonymous for great boy's basketball teams when I was coming and the trend continued into this century however the girl's have produced some talented players and teams and this years squad might have not only their best ever player but a team capable of making a deep run

They're definitely one of the top 4A teams in the area, TABC has them in the state's top 25 and most of this is because of Eryka Sidney, the Prairie View signee that's averaging over 31 ppg along with a tad over 7 assists and steals a game. I know I always say "It's not what you do, it's who you do it against" but I've seen this young lady do it on the circuit, trust me she's legit

How legit is she? Well the talented the senior had several offers on the table including some mid majors however being close to her family paid a huge role in her decision to stay near home which means I'll be in for a treat over the next four seasons as well.