Saturday, January 9, 2016

Mustangs continue to send message


The more I watch North Shore, the more I smile about picking them as the team to beat back in October, well actually I said them and Cy Ranch, who have gone through numerous injuries to key players all season long but are almost back. Speaking of key players, had I known Channelview's Diedre Dobbins and Kianna Hall were out, I might have adjusted my schedule but to be honest with you, glancing at the scores from last night, there were not any upsets so ......

BOX



When Chastity Patterson banked in a three from the top of the key to start the game, I knew SHOWTIME was coming and I tweeted she was definitely putting on a show in the opening quarter on her way to 29 for the game which led all scorers. North Shore just had multiple players coming at the Falcons early last night and after the first quarter which had the Mustangs up 24-10, I sort of knew how this was going


Taylor Alexander scored 10 to lead Channelview and probably was near a double-double but with her size and athleticism, I really love how she continues to she me different facets of her game and when you have to bang against the interior North Shore has, Victoria Blankenship, 18 points last night, and 6'2 Alyssa Okoene who signed with North Carolina, that solidifies what I think about her ability to play at the next level. I'll be tweeting some pics from the game so check it out