Monday, January 11, 2016

Cougars lose tough one to Mustangs


I had a chance to catch SMU yesterday, they were in town to play the Cougars and what a finish. The Mustangs were the very first college to subscribe to my scouting service five years ago and anytime I get a chance to see a subscriber, I'm definitely going to be in attendance. Former Duncanville stars Morgan Bolton and Kiarra Perry, both have memories of big time plays they made during the course of their careers embedded in my mind, plus I had a chance to catch several other stars I'd watched over the years, McKenzie Adams (Frisco), Gabrielle Wilkins(Garland) and Dai'Ja Thomas (Skyline) and the Mustangs pulled out a come from behind victory

READ MORE


On the flip side, this was another tough loss for the Cougars but what I saw in the first half alone has me continuing to think this is going to be a Top 25 caliber program in a few years. This was my first look at USC transfer Chyanne Butler and just on what she did in the opening two quarters told me a lot as she scored 14 points, had some steals but ran the offense with plenty of poise. They have plenty of talented young players, freshman Seritha Hawkins has definitely shown signs of greatness, plus with their Fab 5 recruiting class of 2016, this is going to be interesting

READ MORE